TBI Airport Management
TBI Airport Management is the private operator of Bob Hope Airport.
TBI employment requires authorization to work in the U.S. as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, and ability to pass an employer background check and TSA background check.
Shift: Graveyard Shift – Tuesday through Saturday
Under general supervision, to perform various intermediate level laborer duties including refuse collection, general cleaning, physical labor, weed abatement, light construction, intermediate facility maintenance and assist Utility Technicians. This is an intermediate level position requiring Intermediate skills.
- General knowledge of maintenance trades, including electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry.
- Intermediate skills and proficiency in general laborer trades, including roofing, flooring, pavement, drywall, painting and facility maintenance.
- Ability to use hand and electrical tools.
- Intermediate mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of airport equipment.
- Knowledge of and proficient in the use of portable light towers, portable generators and pressure washing equipment.
- Intermediate communication skills in order to communicate effectively with co-workers and airport dispatchers or external parties, including air tower staff via two-way radio.
- Read and comprehend job diagrams, sketches or written instructions.
- Ability to learn to operate bobcat mower, forklift, tractor, tractor mower and backhoe.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle in and around aircraft and ground support equipment.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping and kneeling.
- Ability to climb, erect ladders or scissor lifts safely and ensure the safety of those working around or on such equipment.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, move or carry over 50 pounds.
- Ability to deal with a number of problems requiring initiative and good judgment.
- Valid driver license, class C or higher, and a driving record acceptable to the Airport Authority’s insurance carrier.
- Ability to work shifts assigned.
- Flexibility to work additional hours or varying schedules, including weekends as needed.
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance as required by the Airport Security Plan and TSA regulations.